Thursday, March 21, 2013

NC/GA

I am currently at this place called the NOC or Nantahala outdoor center where I was in a hostel for the night. The past few days have been crazy but so much fun at the same time. I crossed over my first state line NC/GA, I went over the first big set of bald mountains where I got a 360 degree view of southern Appalachia. I successfully completed my first resupply in Franklin North Carolina in a mere 40 minutes because this man name Ron haven (a local Franklin celebrity) who back in the day was a big time show wrestler. They have a museum for him in Franklin. g
Gave me and my friend a free ride in put of town. Until after the smokies have a great week or so.







4 comments:

  1. This is Nicholas' Mom. Yesterday Nicholas called from 6000 feet above Gatlinburg(ish), TN area and they had a foot of snow on the ground and still snowing. He and 7 other hikers were holed up in a shelter - all healthy and happy - it was cool to be able to talk to him in the midst of the storm and imagine him and the others in the shelter. He said it was beautiful - even if it was cold. His hiking mates started calling him Admiral Peary because he was the lead man through the ice and snow. He shared with them the connection his hometown area has with Adm. Peary (Eagle Island and Peary / MacMillan Museum at Bowdoin College).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nobo Nick's Mom Again - If anyone would like to send him a post card or letter - he will be in Hot Springs, NC on April 1st. Send to:
    General Delivery
    AT Thru Hiker
    Nicholas Parsons
    Hot Springs, NC 28743

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Nick! Took me awhile to figure this blog thing out, but now I'm in with you. Think you are something else and I love you. Auntie L

    ReplyDelete