Friday, March 15, 2013

The cold, trail magic and a wonderful morning

I am currently at the end of my 6th day on the trail. Here are the highlights of my hike. So far it has been nothing but a good time, and generally good weather. I say generally because the second morning when I was staying at gooch gap shelter we got poured on and the temps dropped into the high thirties. Other than that it has been blue skies. Two nights ago I stayed at low gap shelter knowing it was going to be a chilly night, and man did it get chilly. With the wind chill factor we were at about 6 degrees. When I woke up and broke down my tent I had snow flakes coming off my tent from the condensation. Yesterday I was at the end of my first 15+ day and just before I went to climb up a big mountain I was dropped onto little ire road where these three guys were waiting for hikers with fried chicken, Gatorade, pizza, Oreos, water, beer, and all kinds of candy. Let me tell you, I have never been more pleased with a group of guys in my entire life!!!! This morning I woke up having to go pee really bad, however this pain was quickly turned into one of the most peaceful moments of the trip so far. Because when I poked my head out of the tent the first thing I saw was one of the most wonderful sunrise I have ever seen. I have attached a picture of me on top of springer, on top of tray and the sunrise.






2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your experience of running into 3 men in the woods with Oreos and beer went a little bit better than mine. Great pics. We're rooting for you.
    -Jason

    ReplyDelete