Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mom, back with my posie, and everything else trail life

The past month has been out of control. I just made it into the north east and can not be more excited. Other then the dang bugs in the back woods of CT. Back in NJ I meet up with my mom, Grammy, aunt beth, aunt Diane, and little cousin Colt. We ended up doing a bit of hiking and a lot of trail magic. We ran a hostel out of two rooms for my good trail friends. It was a blast hanging out with my family and trail buddy's at the same time. Before that I spent a few nights with my current thru hiking hero, Jeff from PA. He has done the PCT 3 times, the AT and the CDT. The best part about him however was his chill attitude about his triple crown. The past couple of days have been unbelievably buggy and rainy. It has definitely been a hit to my self esteem however i have just been surrounded by wonderful people and doing anything to keep the spirits high. Can not wait to get to the big three states. Ohh also I won't add a picture but I hiked 6 miles naked on the summer solstice. Happy trails!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment